Hey, sweet, sweet friends. So I am not good with certain types of commitments. Namely, ones where I have to have self-control and NOT procrastinate. So that’s why I’ve not written to you folks. Please forgive me and take this haul as an apology.
So. I did some damage. To my bank account. BUT.
My soul is very happy and excited right now.
I went to some fabulous stores: Sephora, Target, and Ulta. Some of my happy places. Oddly, most (if not all) of my happy places seem to be stores? I don’t think that’s necessarily a good thing, but ya know. It is what it is.
I did the most damage at Sephora and it’s also where I started my trip. So our trip shall also start there.
- Kat Von D’s Liquid Lipstick in Miss Argentina
- described as a “rich magenta” on the website. It’s, on me, an almost red pink. I really like it because I have a very pink undertone and it. looks. so. good. with my skin. I’m pretty dang stoked.
- $20 USD
- Kat Von D’s Lock-It Makeup Setting Mist
- I got this in the mini to try it out! I was watching a Youtube video where it was mentioned today and I love Kat Von D (obviously) so I figured I would give it a shot. This one claims to be unnoticeable on the skin but keeps your makeup looking nice for 24 hours. We’ll see. Probably not for 24 hours, but I wear makeup for a pretty dang long time. So.
- $14 USD (for the mini)
- Hourglass’s Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
- I’ve been curious about these dudes for a real, real long time. So I finally bought one! I decided to try diffused light because it has a yellow tone to it and says it’s supposed to help make red faces seem less red. Which I like the idea of. Because mine is pretty red. I thought this might be a nice powder for my dryer patches of skin because it seems pretty moisturizing (for a powder) and has a nice natural glow to it.
- $46 USD
- Cover FX’s Perfect Setting Powder
- again, I purchased the mini size of this one to try out! I’ve been needing a new setting powder and was originally at Sephora to buy the Kat Von D one, but decided against it because the sales associates said it might make my dry patches look cakey. So I decided last second to try this one because it was a mini. I really like that even the mini one has a plastic lid to keep the powder from kicking up when you open it. It’s just little details like that, ya know?
- $14 USD
I then went to Target! I only got three things from that lovely place:
- Pixi’s Glow Tonic
- I got this because as I was speaking with the Sephora women I realized that I need to exfoliate more often and I figured it would be nice to have a toner with glycolic acid in it. Glycolic acid is good exfoliant, helps with acne/blemishes, and clears out pores. I just really have wanted a chemical exfoliant (meaning not a physical exfoliant, not that I’m just slathering my face in chemicals) for a long time and this one appealed to me.
- $15 USD
- Acure’s Brightening Facial Scrub
- a theme: the exfoliation thing. Although, this one I have tried before! I purchased the travel size a while ago to try out and I really enjoyed it so I decided to purchase the full size. I use this when my face just needs a good scrub because it is pretty abrasive, but I really do feel like it does a good job of getting all of the dead skin off of my face. Plus it smells like a high-end salon to me or a spa. Which is hella rad.
- $9.99 USD
- Ecotools Retractable Kabuki Brush
- I decided to buy this one so that I could have a brush with me in my makeup bag. I’ve been eyeing this one up for a while and finally purchased it. But a lot of the reason why I bought it was because I wanted to try the Cover FX and Hourglass powders I’d just gotten ASAP. As in, in my car. Because I enjoy instant gratification… but I do think they’re good things to have! And I think Ecotools is a cool brand and I want to try out more of their thangs.
- $7.99 USD
And last, but of course, not least: Ulta!!
- The Pur Bare It All Foundation in Porcelain
- I don’t know if this is true but I think I heard this foundation was comparable to the It Cosmetics CC+ Cream which has been my favorite foundation so far that I’ve tried. But of course, it isn’t vegan and I can’t figure out if I should consider It Cosmetics cruelty-free or not. So I’ve been searching for a foundation that I like as much as I like that one. This one seems to be a bit thicker than that one but maybe that will be better for my dryness? I suppose we’ll find out, as I plan to do first impressions/ reviews of most, if not all, of these products.
- $39 USD
- Yes To Cotton Micellar Water
- micellar waters intrigue me. They just seem too good? And this one has a cool pump that you can just put your cotton round on ( I use reusable ones from SewTheLoveIn) and press to dispense the product. It’s kind of the reason why I purchased this one instead of another brand’s. I will say, I used this tonight to get ready for bed and the pump was super weird. It has a lock feature where you have to twist to get it to unlock and I had to take off the pump thing to get it to unlock, and even then it was difficult. Now that it’s unlocked it’s fine, but it was annoying for about five minutes. Mine might have been a weirdo, but I figured I’d letcha know.
- $8.99 USD
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
- this is a “lotion” that you dip a q-tip into and apply to blemishes. I got this in the mini because it is a pretty pricey product, but I think that even the mini will last a damn long time. Claire Marshall is one of my favorite Youtubers and she included this in one of her favorites videos a while back so when I saw it said cruelty-free and it was in a mini I thought I would give it a chance.
- $17 USD
Okay. That’s what I’ve got. Also, I’m writing this very, very early in the morning (like, 1) So I’m going to schedule this for a time around the afternoon. So don’t think I get ready for bed at, like. 2 in the afternoon. Love y’all. Please don’t be mad at me for being gone for so long. I pinky promise I want to make this blog more of a priority and I’m going to try to not procrastinate.
Please forgive me.
So. I hoped this was helpful and enjoyable and I hope you have a good day, or night, or whenever the fuck you’re reading this. See ya later, BYYYEEE!
(Is this pretty much what my last words are normally?? I’m being lazy and not making sure before I publish this. I’m tired.)